We are looking for a designer to create web-based user interfaces for our products.[Athens, Greece]
Starttech Ventures is an experienced venture builder and early stage investor. Our startups develop B2B SaaS solutions, while we provide them with all the necessary infrastructure to help them gain momentum and grow.
Our “Lean Acceleration” team advises on best practices throughout the roadmap, but it’s also directly involved in all aspects of product development, including product design, marketing, and content, so that the startups’ teams can focus more on the implementation.
Due to COVID-19, we are mainly working remote from the safety of our homes, meeting in our Athens office only when necessary. When it is safe to do so, you will be working full-time in our office in downtown Athens, Greece.
Our design philosophy
We love working with the principle of “form follows function”, trying to design valuable products, with enough abstraction to allow rapid product design and development iterations. Gradually, we also add aesthetic and emotional design elements to make our products even more attractive.
We base our UI designs on well-established usability guidelines, and our own experience. Using design thinking and lean startup principles, we try to identify patterns that more clearly define the design direction, as quickly as possible, and in an iterative way, using the quantitative and qualitative data we gather along the way.
- Designing user interfaces and interactive prototypes, mainly on Figma.
- Creating and maintaining design systems of colour palettes, logos, icons, text styles etc.
- Working in collaboration with our team and the front-end developers in our portfolio, to elaborate on the designs, and to accommodate technological constraints and decide on potential design trade-offs — necessary for the implementation to be both rapid and effective.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in UI design or other related area (e.g. web design, editorial design).
- Basic knowledge of designing using libraries of symbols/assets, preferably on Figma (or Sketch, or Adobe XD, or similar).
- Experience in web design and responsive layouts, UX design/research, or web development is welcome.
- Advanced knowledge of English.
- Full-time employment contract.
- Competitive compensation.
- Great working conditions, zero formalities, with awesome people and a beautiful office space.
- Private health insurance.
- Stock options.
- A multitude of perks and offerings (yoga, internal master classes in topics like neural networks, quantum computing and blockchain, foreign language schools, open library, nutrition coaching, private counselling by our philosopher-in-residence etc.) — more at www.starttech.vc/startup-jobs/
How to apply
- Send us your CV, and a Behance or Dribbble portfolio link (or, if you prefer, a PDF portfolio)
- Write a few sentences on why you would be interested in this job position.
- Send it all via email, or via wetransfer.com to: email@example.com